Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb. 4: PTM Meeting

Today I experienced my first Performance Team Meeting or PTM. This is when a definite program is transitioned from the sales side to operations. Both sides review a PTM Memo that includes information on the client, the program and activities, and the hotel information. I also worked on a hotel letter that we send directly to the CSM at the hotel, who then forwards the information to the head of security, bell captain, and front desk manager. The hotel letter outlines the Schedule of Services which defines what we "PRA" will be providing and what they "the hotel" is to provide. We have to be very detailed because when we are ready to execute the program we want it to run as smoothly as possible for both us and our client. We have to be in contact with the hotel and make sure that any situation that arises is taken care of in the most efficient manner. I'll be working at the airport for an 1,100 passenger arrival on 2/5. I'll be waiting with my "Starwood" sign in terminal 2 (T2) for attendees to get off their plane. I'll direct them to the carousel to pick up their luggage and a staging area to wait for the transportation. This should be quite an experience so I'll keep you all updated soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment